Osprey is 40 years young! I fondly recall the moment I selected “Osprey” for the new company, way back in 1974. At that time this beautiful bird was an endangered species and I thought, if that bird can survive the next few tough years, so can this new company! Like the bird, Osprey Packs has flourished since then, and continues to grow and multiply. Over all these years, we at Osprey have had the pleasure to meet and work with some of the finest, warmest people involved in this wonderful, friendly industry. We are indebted to all of you out there who have supported Osprey along the way, through thick and thin, and have made the last 40 years so fun and rewarding!
-Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs founder and Head Designer
Since 1974, when Osprey Packs was founded by Mike Pfotenhauer in the front of his rented house in Santa Cruz, California, our mission has been to create innovative high performance gear that reflects our love of adventure and our devotion to the outdoors. We’re so honored to be commemorating the 40th anniversary of Osprey Packs — thank you for 40 incredible years!
To celebrate, we’re giving away 40 Limited Edition bags over 40 days in celebration of our past, our present & our future. Enter to win #Osprey1974 by submitting a photo showing us where you’ve gone with Osprey: your favorite day hike, a long summer weekend backpacking, or satisfying your wanderlust abroad. One Grand Prize winner will win the Osprey pack of their choice!
Below are the winning photos from of Round 1 of the #Osprey1974 photo contest! Each winner will receive a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Transporter 40 bag.
Have you entered #Osprey1974 yet? Join us in celebrating 40 years of Osprey Packs by sharing a photo of your adventures with Osprey! We’re thrilled to celebrate 4 decades of adventures with you and to give away 40 bags over 40 days.
Enter to win: tinyurl.com/osprey1974
Complete rules: tinyurl.com/osprey1974rules
1974, 40th, 40th Anniversary, adventures, Anniversary, backpacking, British Columbia, celebrate, Climbing, contest, Denmark, Eastern Sierras, facebook, Fort Kochi, giveaway, grand canyon, Grand Teton, Grand Teton National Park, India, Instagram, journey, Kerala, Limited Edition, Little Rock, Mica Creek, mike pfotenhauer, Mont Blanc, Osprey 1974, Osprey1974, photo contest, photography, photos, prize, Revelstoke, Santa Cruz, Santiago de Compostela, Sierra Mountains, tetons, Transporter 40, travel, Twitter, Ukraine, wanderlust
Round 4 is the final round of our 40-day giveaway celebrating our 40th Anniversary — it’s time to submit your favorite photo memory of Osprey Packs if you haven’t yet already! At the beginning of Round 4 of #OspreyAt40, we’ll once again reset the votes on all photo submissions back to “0.” Resetting the votes to “0” tomorrow morning will mean that each entrant is once again eligible to automatically win a Limited Edition Transporter 40 pack if their photo submission is one of the first five photos to reach 40 votes on our contest page.
We launched this contest as a fun way to celebrate this milestone anniversary with the folks who’ve made the last 40 years possible: our fans. And we’ve been blown away by the amazing photos we’ve received of so many journeys, hikes, travels and treks. We’re so glad to have been a part of those incredible adventures! Below are 10 more #OspreyAt40 winners, including the 5 photos selected as Round 2 winners by our judges, along with the top 5 Round 3 winners selected by voters.
Good luck everyone! If you’re a US resident who hasn’t yet entered but would like to, please do so here: tinyurl.com/OspreyAt40
Official rules available here.
Round 3 of #OspreyAt40 starts tomorrow, February 15th!
Tomorrow morning we’re kicking off Round 3 of our 40th Anniversary Photo Contest: at 11:15 am MT all of the “votes” on every photo submission in the #OspreyAt40 contest will be reset to “0.” Resetting the votes at the beginning of each round means that everyone who has entered has another chance to automatically win a Transporter 40 if their #OspreyAt40 photo is one of the first 5 photos in this round to reach 40 votes on the contest page/gallery www.tinyurl.com/OspreyAt40.
40th Anniversary, adventure, Alps, backpacking, Black Hills, dawn, dogs, glacier, hiking, kids, Osprey Packs 40th Anniversary, OspreyAt40, photo contest, photography, SUP, Swiss Alps, Transporter 40, travel, Weminuche, Whiskeytown, winners, Zion
#OspreyAt40: Enter the Osprey Packs 40th Anniversary Photo Contest & Celebrate 40 Years of Epic Adventures
Enter to win by uploading a photo of your favorite memory with Osprey Packs – we want to see your sunset hikes on local trails, summers backpacking through Europe, rides on your favorite singletrack and trips around the world!
Show us the Osprey Packs that have been part of your journeys and enter to win a Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Transporter 40 to take on your next adventure.
Here’s how to enter #OspreyAt40:
1. Choose a photo that shows you on your favorite Osprey Packs adventure: this can be a day hike, backpacking on the Inca Trail, biking through town, at the beaches in Phi Phi, finishing a great day at Smith Rock, skiing the backcountry – whatever “adventure” means to you.
2. “Like” Osprey Packs on Facebook
3. Upload your photo directly to the Osprey Packs Facebook contest page OR upload to Instagram/Twitter and tag your Instagram/Twitter photo #OspreyAt40 and @OspreyPacks (Instagram/Twitter account must be public and tags must be in the photo caption/comments). You must enter your photo between January 27th – March 7th, 2014.
4. Beginning on January 27th, vote for your favorite photos on the Facebook contest page. During each 10 day period, the first 5 photos to get 40 votes will automatically win a limited edition pack, the remaining 5 winners in each 10 day period will be selected by a panel of judges. We’ll be announcing 10 winners on Day 10, Day 20, Day 30 and Day 40 of the photo contest, for a total of 40 winning photo submissions.
5. Make sure to “like” Osprey Packs on Facebook and/or tag #OspreyAt40 on your Instagram/Twitter photo submission (and follow us on Instagram/Twitter while you’re at it!) for your entry to be valid. These photos should be your own, one entry per person. We’re looking forward to seeing all of your submissions of #OspreyAt40!
Official rules & regulations: http://tinyurl.com/OPA40rules