Pro Cycle Challenge
“Known for lung-searing altitudes and steep climbs through the Colorado Rockies, the Pro Cycle Challenge is the largest spectator event in the history of the state.”
Osprey Packs will be returning to the Pro Cycle tour to take part in the action-packed week when the largest names in the world of road cycling will compete in some of the most breathtaking stretches of road in Colorado. Of course, the stages in previous years proved to be challenging but 2015 follows this trend with the tour starting in Steamboat Springs before traveling to new host communities Arapahoe Basin and Copper Mountain, as well as an individual time-trail course in Breckenridge.
What else is new for the 2015 Pro Cycle Challenge? This year marks the inaugural Women’s USA Pro Challenge bringing back international level women’s stage racing in Colorado for the first time since the Coors Classic in the 1980s!
The USA Pro Cycle Challenge is arguably the largest spectator cycling event in the nation and that’s not only because of the race itself. This event provides each host city with an excuse to not only celebrate the racers and sport of cycling, but to put on unique community events such as concerts, family activities, demos, trail running and biking competitions and while spreading the love to fans with a variety of freebies from participating vendors and tour sponsors.
If you plan on following the entire tour or just stopping by for one day, be sure to drop by our booth as we have some great activations and giveaways that you won’t want to miss:
- Limited Edition FlapJack Pro Cycle Challenge Pack: Combine the best of both worlds – one of our newly designed Fall 2015 FlapJack Packs which is co- branded with the Pro Cycle logo, a functional and memorable souvenir for years to come! In celebration of the Pro Cycle Challenge we doing a killer deal of $85 normally $110 MSRP) and only while supplies last so don’t delay!
- Osprey Packs Cowbell with all proceeds to IMBA: Earn some good karma points while cheering on the pros by picking up a customized Osprey Packs cowbell! All proceeds will benefit Osprey Packs non-profit partner, International Mountain Bicycling Association, which supports great rides nationwide by providing trail project grants and funding access issues.
- Pack Fitting by the Experts: In the market for a new pack but still need to figure out some of the details? Not to worry, our Pro Cycle team are pack-fit gurus and can find the pack that fits your specific needs and style! Stop by to get professionally fitted or just to chat about the options we have.
- 20% off at Mountain Outfitters in Breckenridge: We have teamed up with our local retailer, Mountain Outfitters to bring you 20% off all Osprey Packs in their store! If you are attending the Breckenridge stage of the challenge, stop by to take advantage of this great deal!
If you weren’t able to make it out to Colorado this year, then check out the livestream of each stage or the Official Tour Tracker to keep up with the racers! Be sure to follow this year’s races on social media with the Official USA Pro Cycle Challenge social sites:
Follow Osprey Packs on social media to keep up with the race throughout the week:
Taking place August 18-24, 2014, the 2014 USA Pro Cycling Challenge will feature 16 of the world’s top professional cycling teams. Led by UCI ProTeams BMC Racing Team, Cannondale Pro Cycling, Team Garmin-Sharp, Tinkoff-Saxo and Trek Factory Racing, the race will include some of the top talent in the sport. Taking riders on a heart-pounding journey through the Colorado Rockies, the seven-day stage race will travel 550 miles from Aspen to Denver, making stops in cities known for their cycling culture and history such as Vail and Boulder.
This year marks our 3rd consecutive year as the official backpack of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge and we are amped to be following the tour across our home-state! This year, we want to provide you with a couple more ways to win Osprey gear if you plan on attending one of the 7 stages so listen up and stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! (more…)
- “7 Days, 683 miles, the world’s best pro riders, 60 mph, 1 inch of rubber and did we mention – it’s in the Rocky Mountains. This is the USA Pro Cycling Challenge.”
Get ready folks, the Pro Cycle Challenge is returning to Colorado shortly — and the course proves to be more challenging than ever before. The Pro Cycle Challenge will take professional cyclers to new heights (literally), as it challenges them both mentally and physically with unprecedented elevations throughout the Rocky Mountain range. Osprey will be following the pros from one stage to another to catch all the action and bring some Osprey love to our home state!
Not only will we be handing out stickers, tire levers and cozies, we will also have different activities happening at our tents that you won’t want to miss!
Limited Edition Osprey Comet Packs will be for Sale: That’s right, get ’em while they’re hot! These packs are a perfect mementos for your life after the Pro Cycle Challenge Experience!
Fix a Flat Contest: So you think you can fix a flat the fastest? Prove it at our booth as we challenge gear heads and reward the fastest time with various prizes ranging from cycling socks, jerseys and even a couple of packs.
Osprey Cycling Jerseys and much more for sale: We will be showcasing our new Colorado-themed Osprey cycling jersey and selling them at a discounted price in celebration of the Pro Cycle Challenge. Same goes for our Osprey cycling socks and trucker hats too. Be sure to check ’em out because they’ll go fast!
Have you seen the Talon Pro Challenge: Have you ever seen Talon, our mascot? If not, keep your eyes peeled! He will be making spontaneous appearance along the course, so you’ll want to get a photo with him! If you take a shot of our mascot along the Pro Cycle Challenge course this year and tag Osprey with the hashtag of #SpotTalonProChallenge on either Instagram or Twitter, you will be entered to win a limited edition Pro Cycle Challenge Comet Pack!
Tweet for Prizes: While you are tweeting your photo of Talon also check our Twitter feed as we’ll sporadically be tweeting prize words! The first person to visit our booth and shout that particular prize word will win the prize of the day!
We may have just given you a few reasons to stop by our booth and can’t wait to see you there!