This weekend in Fruita, CO is the 19th Annual Fruita Fat Tire Festival! This weekend Osprey will be joining the celebration as the Fruita Fat Tire Festival has made a tradition of riding miles of pristine mountain bike trails, meeting with MTB friends from around the world and support those who support the passion, the lifestyle and the sport we all enjoy.
With agreeable weather and some incredible events happening April 24th through Sunday the 27th, this event is a must-attend for lovers of trail, singletrack and good times! We’re excited to see friends new and old, including friends/festival sponosor (and brewers of some of our favorite flavors), New Belgium Brewing!
From the VIP party Thursday night, to the live bands Friday and Saturday evenings under the summer stars in downtown Fruita, to one of the top cycling expos in the state: there’s plenty of fun to be had! Join the party and celebrate hundreds of miles of World Class MTB Trails!
In addition to high-fives for all, here’s what we’ll have going on at the Osprey Booth: (more…)
18 Road, Alison Gannet, Bike, COPMOBA, Fat Tire, fruita, Fruita Fat Tire Festival, hydration, Hydration Packs, Hydraulics, Mountain Bike, mountain biking, MTB, MTB trails, New Belgium, Raptor, Raven, singletrack, Syncro, trails, Verve, Viper
Spring is in the air and that can only mean one thing: Red Rock Rendezvous is here!
Whether you are on road tripping through the Southwest for spring break or taking a break from the lights of Las Vegas for the weekend, there is something for everyone to participate in.
Who’s going to be there, you might ask? Well certainly, top outdoor brands, climbers, athletes, and anyone and everyone who has an interest in climbing, biking and trail running. This will be Osprey’s 4th consecutive year attending Red Rock and there are plenty of reasons why we keep coming back for more. Osprey’s booth will be packing some heat this year with incredible demos, prizes and smokin’ deals, not to mention clinics put on by some of the best athletes in the industry! Let me fill you in on the rest:
- 20% off packs in celebration of Red Rock Rendezvous- This is the best deal you will get on our selection as we bring a variety of our hydration, climbing, and running packs discounted at 20% off just this weekend, so get one while the gettin’ is good!
- Not sure what pack you want? No problem! We’ve got your back and will have our demo fleet of bike, climbing, and running packs available all weekend! Stop by the booth and talk with our team of expert pack fitters and outdoor enthusiasts who can help you make the best selection for your needs. You can even purchase the pack at our booth and take it out to the trails or crag that very day!
- Clinics with the experts- Yeah, the good times don’t stop rolling, and you can improve your skills (or learns some new ones) because clinics from some of the best athletes in the world will be offered this weekend. Whether you want to learn how to climb multi-pitch routes, mountain bike diverse terrain, or want to get certified in wilderness medicine, Red Rock Rendezvous is your one-stop shop (in the form of an incredibly fun event) where all of those opportunities are available…and then some! Check out a full list of clinics here.
- We’re thrilled that our very own Krista Park, pro mountain biker racer, will be leading a variety of clinics for all skill sets. Here is Krista’s perspective on coaching clinics:
“My goal is to make myself available to anyone, at any level, to share tips, skills, encouragement, resources, or anything that will allow racers, riders, or potential riders to fall in love with the sport of cycling as I have.”
- On the climbing front we will have Majka Burhard, long-time Osprey Packs athlete, film-maker, and climbing enthusiast who has attended Red Rocks for the past few years. Majka’s enthusiasm is contagious, which makes her a damn good climbing coach and fun to be around.
#climb #climbing, #climbingfest, #climbredrocks, #climbrrr, #RedRockInsty, #redrockrendezvous, 40th Anniversary, Access Fund, Climb Red Rock, Climbing, clinics, dyno competitions, Joshua Tree Skincare, krista park, Majka Burhardt, Mountain Gear, MTB, New Belgium, Osprey athlete, outdoor research, Petzl, Red Rock 2014, Red Rock Rendezvous, Scarpa, scavenger hunt, Smartwool, trivia, yoga
Earlier this month, the New Belgium Urban Assault tour traveled through Charlotte, North Carolina — bringing with it hundreds of competitors. The Urban Assault Ride combines the best parts of a bike race, adventure race, obstacle course and a back yard party.