“Now in its 45th year, our Bumbershoot Festival is one of Seattle’s largest cultural touchstones. Each year, thousands of people across the country flock to Seattle to attend the acclaimed festival, which has become one of the biggest and best-loved contemporary festivals in North America. Bumbershoot’s diverse programming includes live music, comedy, theatre, film, visual arts, dance performance, and more.”
Osprey is pleased to announce that we will be attending Bumbershoot Festival taking place in the Seattle this Labor Day weekend!
As far as festivals go, Bumbershoot might just take the cake for offering an incredible weekend in the heart of a lively city — each day of the festival providing so many stellar options of what to see and do (making it pretty tough to pick and choose when planning your daily festival schedule!). In just three magical days, the historic, iconic Seattle Center comes alive with over 100+ artists from almost every music genre imaginable, performances in comedy, dance and film and endless opportunities to discover something new.
After 45 years, Bumbershoot is Seattle’s longest standing festival and has perfected their wide offering of arts & culture for anyone in the city during Labor day weekend — something that we at Osprey are very excited to be part of!
If you plan on visiting Bumbershoot, make sure to add a visit to the Osprey Packs booth to your schedule – here are more than just a few reasons why:
- 20% off Select Osprey Packs -You heard right! We will be selling select Osprey Packs at our booth at 20% off retail price in celebration of Bumbershoot! We have a selection of day packs and hydration packs and supplies won’t last long! If you don’t find what you are looking for then stop by Osprey Retailer, Second Ascent as they will be doing 20% off all Osprey packs in store! Their location in Seattle is at: 5209 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA.
- Our Anti-Gravity Fit Station: Revolutionary. Innovative & maybe a little bit magic: our award-winning Anti-Gravity™ Suspension system provides seamless comfort that contours the body allowing a trail experience like no other. Combined with custom capability and a full feature set, the Atmos AG™ sets a new standard in ventilated backpacking. Interested in finding out what all the fuss is about and checking out for yourself what this award-winning pack feels like? Stop by our booth to try AG™ out at our Anti-Gravity Fit Station.
- How to Pack and Repair Your Pack Clinics: Know before you go! The Osprey Packs crew is on hand to share all the essential information relating to pack repairs and the what/how/why of packing your pack, which is invaluable on and off the trail! The first 15 people to sign up for one of these clinics will receive free food, drinks, an Osprey Packs Repair Kit, an Osprey pint glass and custom Osprey hat – make sure you sign up! Our pack repair clinics are on Sunday 9/6 & Monday 9/7 from 3-4 pm.
“16 world-class teams will compete over seven stages that will take the riders across nearly 600 miles of epic terrain. Included amongst the competitors will be BMC Racing Team, Team Garmin-Sharp and UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling. This year’s race begins in the legendary Bike Town USA, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and winds across the Rockies to what will certainly be a thrilling circuit finish in the state capital of Denver.”
Stage 3 of the USA Pro Challenge proved to be a challenging one right away with the ascent of Fremont Pass (11,318 feet). That steep climb proved to be just a warm-up as the real challenge for riders was ascending the upper slopes of Independence Pass and then heading down its breathtaking descent into Aspen, where some of the most memorable moments in Pro Challenge history have played out. Over half of Stage 3 of the 2015 USA Pro Cycling Challenge was above 10,000 feet — which makes for incredible views and seriously tired lungs.
- Check out the final results for Stage 3.
- Here is a recap video of Stage 3 for those of you who missed it.
Stage Three of @usaprochallenge in #Aspen! We're thrilled to once again be at the #ProChallenge AND to be the Official Backpack of this world class, 7-stage professional #cycling race taking place every day from 8/17 until 8/23 across our great home-state of #Colorado. Learn more: blog.ospreypacks.com
Onward to Stage 4 in the breathtaking city of Breckenridge, Colorado – which sits at just above 9,000 feet.
If you are in the area, we would love to see you at the Osprey Packs booth! Here’s just a sampling of what we’ve got going on at our booth for the 2015 Pro Cycle Challenge:
- Limited Edition FlapJack Pro Cycle Challenge Pack: Osprey is proud to be the Official Pack of the Pro Cycle Challenge! You can pick up one of our newly designed Fall 2015 FlapJack Packs which is co- branded with the Pro Cycle logo, a functional and memorable souvenir for years to come! In celebration of the Pro Cycle Challenge we doing a killer deal of $85 normally ($110 MSRP) and only while supplies last so don’t delay!
- Osprey Packs Cowbell — all proceeds benefitting IMBA: Earn some good karma points while cheering on the pros by picking up a customized Osprey Packs cowbell! All proceeds from the sale of your ProChallenge cowbell will benefit Osprey Packs’ non-profit partner, International Mountain Bicycling Association, which supports great rides nationwide by providing trail project grants and funding access issues.
- Pack Fitting by the Experts: In the market for a new pack but still need to figure out some of the details? Not to worry, our Pro Cycle team are pack-fit gurus and can find the pack that fits your specific needs and style! Stop by to get professionally fitted or just to chat about the options we have.
- 20% off at Mountain Outfitters in Breckenridge: We have teamed up with our local retailer, Mountain Outfitters to bring you 20% off all Osprey Packs in their store! If you are attending the Breckenridge stage of the challenge, stop by to take advantage of this great deal!
If you weren’t able to make it out to Colorado this year, then check out the livestream of each stage or the Official Tour Tracker to keep up with the racers! Be sure to follow this year’s races on social media with the Official USA Pro Cycle Challenge social sites:
Follow Osprey Packs on social media to keep up with the race throughout the week:
The Sherwood Forest is calling our name…and we are ready to return!
When asked to describe the Forest, it’s difficult to find the right words. Those who have participated in the experience that is Electric Forest understand the life-changing event June 26th-29th in the tiny community of Rothbury, Michigan.
A rural town of 400 quickly becomes a buzzing “city” of 30,000 when people from all over the world come together for a weekend of live music performances and life-size art installations set in the depths of the woods amid the trees, which are lit up with an electric, glowing light once night falls. Need we explain why we’ve decided to return?
Here are a few of the unique activities that you will only find at the Osprey Packs tent — so don’t forget to stop by! And remember: BIRD IS THE WORD! (more…)
Osprey Athlete Payge McMahon is an adventure athlete, ‘rockin’ yogi’ and journalist who travels the world inspiring others to get outdoors, try new things and start checking off that bucket list.
adventure, Alaska, Ariel, athlete, Aura, Backpacker Magazine, backpacking, bucket list, Costa Rica, dogsledding, FlapJack, himalaya, iceland, Mt. Fuji, Mt. Kilimanjaro, National Geographic Adventure, Osprey athlete, outside, Ozone, Payge, Payge McMahon, Poco, Product, Rev, Reverb 10, Shuttle, Southeast Asia, Stratos, travel, ultrarunning, Verve 13