You had me at “Music. Magic. Mountains.”
Floydfest is known for its down-home approach in providing a intimate experience for its festivarians – between the 9 unique stages, the daily workshops, from ukulele clinics to yoga classes, or the selection of daily hikes or mountain bike rides in the surrounding woodlands – Floydfest unites nature and sound to provide the ultimate festival experience.
We’re thrilled to be celebrating the 14th Anniversary of Floydfest and if you plan on attending this amazing festival, here are some great reasons why you should stop by the Osprey Packs booth:
- The Osprey Fit Gurus – Stop by our booth to experience the fit and function that Osprey is known for! Our friendly staff will be able to answer any and all of your pack questions, help you select a choice based on your preferences and can ensure you get measured correctly for your next Osprey pack!
- 20% off Select Osprey Packs – You heard right! We will be selling select Osprey Packs at our booth at 20% off retail price in celebration of Floydfest! We have a selection of day packs and hydration packs and supplies won’t last long! If you don’t find what you are looking for then stop by Osprey Retailer, BC Ski as they will be doing 20% off all Osprey packs in store! They have two locations near Floydfest in either Blacksburg or Salem.
- FREE Limited Edition Stickers and Bandanas – Do you like free stuff? What about awesome free Osprey stuff? Great! Just one more reason to stop by as our graphic design elves have created limited edition Floydfest stickers and bandanas just for you! Not only do we have these premiere stickers and bandanas but we have Osprey-branded coozies and much more!
- Anti-Gravity Fit Station – “Feel it to believe it” – try out our revolutionary Anti-Gravity Fit: Our award-winning Anti-Gravity™ Suspension system provides seamless comfort that contours the body, allowing a trail experience like no other. Combined with custom capability and a full feature set, the Atmos AG™ sets a new standard in ventilated backpacking. Want to see what all the fuss is about? Interested in what this innovative suspension system feels like? Getting ready for an epic summer backpacking trip? Stop by our booth to try AG for yourself at our Anti-Gravity Fit Station.
- Osprey Guided Hikes and Demos: Demo our new Escapist or Syncro hydration packs on one of the many hikes offered throughout the week. The guided hike will go along the Blue Ridge, Thursday & Friday at 10:30am, 2:00 pm, & 4:00 pm; Saturday at 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 1:30 pm, & 4:00 pm. Sign up and get local trail info at the Outdoor Adventures tent.
- Osprey’s “Repair Your Own Pack” Clinic: Know before you go! Our team will cover the essentials when it comes to pack repairs for the next time you hit the trail! The first 15 to sign up will receive free food, drinks, an Osprey Packs Repair Kit, Custom Osprey Pint Glass and custom Osprey hat – make sure you sign up!
Saturday, July 25th
Time: 3:00 PM-4:00 PM
Sunday, July 26th
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Osprey Booth
Our Team will go over everything in our Backcountry Repair kit along and how to use it while out on the trail:
- Removing Buckles
- Installing Quick Attached buckles
- How to repair a tent pole with our tent pole section (something that McNett sells)
- How to repair and stitch a hole in both mesh and fabric
- We will go over the whip stitch
- How to repair a zipper in the field
- How to repair a zipper slider in the field
- When to use duct tape (and when NOT to)
Learn more about Floydfest:
The fusion of music, outdoor events, good people, great times and the city of Richmond, VA’s unique personality make Dominion Riverrock one of the most dynamic and entertaining summer festivals in the East!
Dominion Riverrock provides a awesomely curated experience for all of those who attend. Whether your interests are mountain biking, trail running, kayaking, adventure racing or even the air dog dock competition for your canine, this event celebrates the great outdoors while being extremely accessible in the heart of Richmond and set against the stunning backdrop of the James River. This event is one at which Osprey is able to connect with both avid, longtime pack-users and those just discovering the outdoors.
Mountain Bike Oregon: Named “One of The Best Mountain Bike Festivals” by Outside Magazine
You had us at “Free Beer, Demo Bikes & Shuttles.” We are thrilled to be attending the Mt. Bike Oregon Event for the first time ever! The event takes place July 18-20, 2014 and provides riders three full days of mountain biking in Oakridge, Oregon.
Mountain Bike Oregon “will leave you both exhausted and replenished. Nestled in the foothills of the central Cascade Mountains, Oakridge is a true mountain bike paradise. Giant old growth trees, lush ferns, creeks, waterfalls and mountain meadows full of wildflowers make for some of the most beautiful singletrack around. From rolling riverside trails, to wild ripping descents, Mt. Bike Oregon has something for everyone.”
Allegrippis, Allegrippis Trails, Allegrippis Trails System, camping, clinics, demo, Dirt Fest, Dirt Rag, Dirt Rag Magazine, Dirtfest, DirtRag, hydrating, hydration, manta, Manta Hydration, Mountain Bike, MTB, MTB hydration, Osprey Hydration, Osprey Hydraulics, Osprey Packs, pack fitting, Pennsylvania, Raptor, Raptor Hydration, Raystown, single track, singletrack, skills, Syncro, Syncro Hydration, trails, Verve
Spring is in the air and that can only mean one thing: Red Rock Rendezvous is here!
Whether you are on road tripping through the Southwest for spring break or taking a break from the lights of Las Vegas for the weekend, there is something for everyone to participate in.
Who’s going to be there, you might ask? Well certainly, top outdoor brands, climbers, athletes, and anyone and everyone who has an interest in climbing, biking and trail running. This will be Osprey’s 4th consecutive year attending Red Rock and there are plenty of reasons why we keep coming back for more. Osprey’s booth will be packing some heat this year with incredible demos, prizes and smokin’ deals, not to mention clinics put on by some of the best athletes in the industry! Let me fill you in on the rest:
- 20% off packs in celebration of Red Rock Rendezvous- This is the best deal you will get on our selection as we bring a variety of our hydration, climbing, and running packs discounted at 20% off just this weekend, so get one while the gettin’ is good!
- Not sure what pack you want? No problem! We’ve got your back and will have our demo fleet of bike, climbing, and running packs available all weekend! Stop by the booth and talk with our team of expert pack fitters and outdoor enthusiasts who can help you make the best selection for your needs. You can even purchase the pack at our booth and take it out to the trails or crag that very day!
- Clinics with the experts- Yeah, the good times don’t stop rolling, and you can improve your skills (or learns some new ones) because clinics from some of the best athletes in the world will be offered this weekend. Whether you want to learn how to climb multi-pitch routes, mountain bike diverse terrain, or want to get certified in wilderness medicine, Red Rock Rendezvous is your one-stop shop (in the form of an incredibly fun event) where all of those opportunities are available…and then some! Check out a full list of clinics here.
- We’re thrilled that our very own Krista Park, pro mountain biker racer, will be leading a variety of clinics for all skill sets. Here is Krista’s perspective on coaching clinics:
“My goal is to make myself available to anyone, at any level, to share tips, skills, encouragement, resources, or anything that will allow racers, riders, or potential riders to fall in love with the sport of cycling as I have.”
- On the climbing front we will have Majka Burhard, long-time Osprey Packs athlete, film-maker, and climbing enthusiast who has attended Red Rocks for the past few years. Majka’s enthusiasm is contagious, which makes her a damn good climbing coach and fun to be around.
#climb #climbing, #climbingfest, #climbredrocks, #climbrrr, #RedRockInsty, #redrockrendezvous, 40th Anniversary, Access Fund, Climb Red Rock, Climbing, clinics, dyno competitions, Joshua Tree Skincare, krista park, Majka Burhardt, Mountain Gear, MTB, New Belgium, Osprey athlete, outdoor research, Petzl, Red Rock 2014, Red Rock Rendezvous, Scarpa, scavenger hunt, Smartwool, trivia, yoga
“Vertfest is a multi-stop mountain festival dedicated to raising the level of snow safety education and stoke for backcountry enthusiasts, and supporting the efforts of avalanches centers everywhere. “
For the first time ever, Vertfest is coming to Brighton, UT March 07 – 9, 2014 to bring you the 11th Annual Wasatch Powderkeg Ski Mountaineering Race and a weekend full of top-of-the-line demos from different companies such as La Sportiva, Scarpa, Voile, Mammut, Outdoor Research, as well as yours truly, Osprey Packs! (more…)
40th Anniversary, backcountry, ben clark, brighton, clinics, demos, kode 18, Kode Race, Osprey athlete, powderkeg, race, raffle, Shoot the Moon, Ski Videography, skiing, Skiing Steep Lines, skimo, Snowsports, splitboard, UT, Utah, Utah Avalanche Center, vertfest, wasatch
Have you had it up to “here” with winter? Are you ready for MTB season to start? We’re kicking off the season in Moab with Poison Spider Bicycles and a fun Moab mountain bikers’ tradition: THAW! Join us February 28 – March 2 in Moab, UT for rides, skills clinics, food, demos and (of course) parties! We’ll be there with a complete demo fleet, lots of great giveaways, and a display of the entire Osprey Packs cycling line. Register here and check out the full calendar of events below!
The Red Rocks Rendezvous kicks off today at Red Rocks Conservation Area — Spring Mountain Ranch State Park to be exact.
Powered by Mountain Gear and sponsored by yours truly here at Osprey Packs, the Red Rocks Rendezvous is a funtastic outdoor extravaganza featuring a full slate of outdoor clinics focused on climbing, mountain biking, trail running and much more.