“16 world-class teams will compete over seven stages that will take the riders across nearly 600 miles of epic terrain. Included amongst the competitors will be BMC Racing Team, Team Garmin-Sharp and UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling. This year’s race begins in the legendary Bike Town USA, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and winds across the Rockies to what will certainly be a thrilling circuit finish in the state capital of Denver.”
Stage 3 of the USA Pro Challenge proved to be a challenging one right away with the ascent of Fremont Pass (11,318 feet). That steep climb proved to be just a warm-up as the real challenge for riders was ascending the upper slopes of Independence Pass and then heading down its breathtaking descent into Aspen, where some of the most memorable moments in Pro Challenge history have played out. Over half of Stage 3 of the 2015 USA Pro Cycling Challenge was above 10,000 feet — which makes for incredible views and seriously tired lungs.
- Check out the final results for Stage 3.
- Here is a recap video of Stage 3 for those of you who missed it.
Stage Three of @usaprochallenge in #Aspen! We're thrilled to once again be at the #ProChallenge AND to be the Official Backpack of this world class, 7-stage professional #cycling race taking place every day from 8/17 until 8/23 across our great home-state of #Colorado. Learn more: blog.ospreypacks.com
Onward to Stage 4 in the breathtaking city of Breckenridge, Colorado – which sits at just above 9,000 feet.
If you are in the area, we would love to see you at the Osprey Packs booth! Here’s just a sampling of what we’ve got going on at our booth for the 2015 Pro Cycle Challenge:
- Limited Edition FlapJack Pro Cycle Challenge Pack: Osprey is proud to be the Official Pack of the Pro Cycle Challenge! You can pick up one of our newly designed Fall 2015 FlapJack Packs which is co- branded with the Pro Cycle logo, a functional and memorable souvenir for years to come! In celebration of the Pro Cycle Challenge we doing a killer deal of $85 normally ($110 MSRP) and only while supplies last so don’t delay!
- Osprey Packs Cowbell — all proceeds benefitting IMBA: Earn some good karma points while cheering on the pros by picking up a customized Osprey Packs cowbell! All proceeds from the sale of your ProChallenge cowbell will benefit Osprey Packs’ non-profit partner, International Mountain Bicycling Association, which supports great rides nationwide by providing trail project grants and funding access issues.
- Pack Fitting by the Experts: In the market for a new pack but still need to figure out some of the details? Not to worry, our Pro Cycle team are pack-fit gurus and can find the pack that fits your specific needs and style! Stop by to get professionally fitted or just to chat about the options we have.
- 20% off at Mountain Outfitters in Breckenridge: We have teamed up with our local retailer, Mountain Outfitters to bring you 20% off all Osprey Packs in their store! If you are attending the Breckenridge stage of the challenge, stop by to take advantage of this great deal!
If you weren’t able to make it out to Colorado this year, then check out the livestream of each stage or the Official Tour Tracker to keep up with the racers! Be sure to follow this year’s races on social media with the Official USA Pro Cycle Challenge social sites:
Follow Osprey Packs on social media to keep up with the race throughout the week:
Taking place August 18-24, 2014, the 2014 USA Pro Cycling Challenge will feature 16 of the world’s top professional cycling teams. Led by UCI ProTeams BMC Racing Team, Cannondale Pro Cycling, Team Garmin-Sharp, Tinkoff-Saxo and Trek Factory Racing, the race will include some of the top talent in the sport. Taking riders on a heart-pounding journey through the Colorado Rockies, the seven-day stage race will travel 550 miles from Aspen to Denver, making stops in cities known for their cycling culture and history such as Vail and Boulder.
This year marks our 3rd consecutive year as the official backpack of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge and we are amped to be following the tour across our home-state! This year, we want to provide you with a couple more ways to win Osprey gear if you plan on attending one of the 7 stages so listen up and stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! (more…)
This upcoming Thursday, August 15th, marks the first day of a bike-packed weekend celebrating all things bike in the high-altitude (9,600 ft. elevation) region of Breckenridge, Colorado. The whole community gets involved as the event offers women’s mountain bike skill clinics, a youth race series and a happy hour ride with the Breckenridge Mayor himself, John Warner!
Of course we wouldn’t want to miss any of this, so we’ll have a booth with some of our employed bike aficionados to help you with any questions you may have about our updated Spring 13’ line.
Besides the amazing stickers and free-bees we will be handing out at Breck Bike Week, be sure to stop by and ask about these various fun activities that will happening at the Osprey Tent!
Demo Our Updated Hyrdration Packs: If you’ve heard of us but want a chance to try our packs out, come on by and our crew will get you set up a hydration pack to shred the trails with Summit Velo and Summit Fat Tire Society!
Ultimate Fix a Flat Competition: So you think you’ve got the skills it takes to change a flat? Osprey challenges you to compete for the fastest time. There will be a daily victor who will win one of our varying prizes from our new Colorado cycling jerseys to one of our rad hydration packs!
Daily Survey to Win a Pack!: Not the greatest with changing those flats? No problem! Take our daily survey and you will be entered to win one of our Orb or Axis packs!
Calling all social media gurus!… Ready for a bit of a challenge? Enter our 1st annual Breck Bike Week Insta-Contest! It’s simple really; follow Osprey, Loki, and NutCase on Instagram this weekend and have a chance to win a prize package from all three! All you have to do is take a creative and borderline ridiculous photo with each of our product, tag us, and hashtag #BreckBikeWeekInstaContest.
Be sure to Instagram all three individual products and at the end of the week, a panel of judges will pick the most creative photo for the grand prize!
ARVE Error: no id set
A dedicated fan of fun, Rachel Zerowin loves exploring and writing about the outdoors, especially when it relates to cycling. As the public relations manager forGoBreck, she gets to do a bit of both during work hours in Breckenridge, Colorado. Check out more of Rachel’s work on BreckConnection.com or say hello on Twitter @ColoradoSummit.
• Bike-in movie nights at the Warming Hut: Kick off the festivities with an outdoor screening ofBreaking Away. Strap the camp chair to the cargo bike and head to the Warming Hut for freepopcorn, plus appetizer and drink specials. Thursday, Aug. 15, plus other nights throughoutAugust• Trails 101: Raise the shovel and trail awareness with the Friends of Breckenridge Trails crew.Riders will learn what it takes to make a sustainable trail and put in a little elbow grease. There’snothing more rewarding than lapping a section of trail you’ve helped to build. Friday, Aug. 16• Super D Race and IMBA Fundraiser Party: Think of it as a community block party. With a superd race ripping through the backyard. As riders chow down and kick back (for live music and anoutdoor movie), they’ll get the good feeling that comes along with supporting Summit Fat TireSociety, a local chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association. Saturday, Aug. 17• Guided Rides: Not familiar with Breckenridge trails? No worries. Non-profits Summit Velo andSummit Fat Tire Society will lead Sunday’s guided groups rides, both road and mountain. Thelocal experts are in charge, and they’ll be showing off some of the best cycling routes in thearea. Sunday, Aug. 18
A dedicated fan of fun, Rachel Zerowin loves exploring and writing about the outdoors, especially when it relates to cycling. As the public relations manager for GoBreck, she gets to do a bit of both during work hours in Breckenridge, Colorado. Check out more of Rachel’s work on BreckConnection.com or say hello on Twitter @ColoradoSummit.