“Now in its 45th year, our Bumbershoot Festival is one of Seattle’s largest cultural touchstones. Each year, thousands of people across the country flock to Seattle to attend the acclaimed festival, which has become one of the biggest and best-loved contemporary festivals in North America. Bumbershoot’s diverse programming includes live music, comedy, theatre, film, visual arts, dance performance, and more.”
Osprey is pleased to announce that we will be attending Bumbershoot Festival taking place in the Seattle this Labor Day weekend!
As far as festivals go, Bumbershoot might just take the cake for offering an incredible weekend in the heart of a lively city — each day of the festival providing so many stellar options of what to see and do (making it pretty tough to pick and choose when planning your daily festival schedule!). In just three magical days, the historic, iconic Seattle Center comes alive with over 100+ artists from almost every music genre imaginable, performances in comedy, dance and film and endless opportunities to discover something new.
After 45 years, Bumbershoot is Seattle’s longest standing festival and has perfected their wide offering of arts & culture for anyone in the city during Labor day weekend — something that we at Osprey are very excited to be part of!
If you plan on visiting Bumbershoot, make sure to add a visit to the Osprey Packs booth to your schedule – here are more than just a few reasons why:
- 20% off Select Osprey Packs -You heard right! We will be selling select Osprey Packs at our booth at 20% off retail price in celebration of Bumbershoot! We have a selection of day packs and hydration packs and supplies won’t last long! If you don’t find what you are looking for then stop by Osprey Retailer, Second Ascent as they will be doing 20% off all Osprey packs in store! Their location in Seattle is at: 5209 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA.
- Our Anti-Gravity Fit Station: Revolutionary. Innovative & maybe a little bit magic: our award-winning Anti-Gravity™ Suspension system provides seamless comfort that contours the body allowing a trail experience like no other. Combined with custom capability and a full feature set, the Atmos AG™ sets a new standard in ventilated backpacking. Interested in finding out what all the fuss is about and checking out for yourself what this award-winning pack feels like? Stop by our booth to try AG™ out at our Anti-Gravity Fit Station.
- How to Pack and Repair Your Pack Clinics: Know before you go! The Osprey Packs crew is on hand to share all the essential information relating to pack repairs and the what/how/why of packing your pack, which is invaluable on and off the trail! The first 15 people to sign up for one of these clinics will receive free food, drinks, an Osprey Packs Repair Kit, an Osprey pint glass and custom Osprey hat – make sure you sign up! Our pack repair clinics are on Sunday 9/6 & Monday 9/7 from 3-4 pm.
The Sherwood Forest is calling our name…and we are ready to return!
When asked to describe the Forest, it’s difficult to find the right words. Those who have participated in the experience that is Electric Forest understand the life-changing event June 26th-29th in the tiny community of Rothbury, Michigan.
A rural town of 400 quickly becomes a buzzing “city” of 30,000 when people from all over the world come together for a weekend of live music performances and life-size art installations set in the depths of the woods amid the trees, which are lit up with an electric, glowing light once night falls. Need we explain why we’ve decided to return?
Here are a few of the unique activities that you will only find at the Osprey Packs tent — so don’t forget to stop by! And remember: BIRD IS THE WORD! (more…)
Electric Forest is a music festival of epic proportions; it’s a celebration consisting of live music performances and life-size art installations set in the depths of the woods amid the trees, which are lit up with an electric, glowing light once night falls. We’re proud to be a part of such a unique festival, which takes place in the Sherwood Forest in Rothbury, Michingan this weekend, from June 27th through the 30th. Check out the music lineup — and buy tickets here. Here’s what you can expect from the Fest in general, from the Electric Forest Website:
By day, the Sherwood Forest is a place to relax in one of the many hammocks that swing between the trees, explore the art installations sprinkled throughout the woods and meander down paths to discover plenty of surprises. At night, the Sherwood Forest comes alive! Witness the extravagant light display, stumble into surprise performances and parties in the depths of the woods, and gather with friends to enjoy the party. Make sure to check out the Forest Stage with live music and performances day and night, as well as unannounced surprise sets!
- 20% off sale offsite via retail partner Bill and Paul’s Sporthaus throughout the event and through the following weekend in celebration of Electric Forest
- Free onsite sizing and fittings as well as expert advice by Osprey professionals
- Full display of all that is new for Spring 2013 as well as a preview of what to expect for Fall 2013
- Daily Pack Giveaways: Take our three-minute Electric Forest Festival event survey and automatically be entered win a new Osprey Pack — stop by the booth for full details
- All sorts of Festival giveaways including: Epecially created Osprey/Joshua Tree Electric Forest Rum and Pina Colada lip balms with spf 18 to keep your festival lips happy, Osprey Eco Coolies to keep your festival beverages cold and all sorts of cool Osprey stickers!
- the Electric Forest Ultimate Camp Contest: Contestant submits their ultimate camp plans online for the best campsite infrastructure. Ten semi-finalists will be chosen to build their campsite in various premium locations spread throughout the campgrounds. The best camp infrastructure wins a performance by an Electric Forest provided artist in their campsite, Osprey Packs and other various prizes. Full details here!
The Electric Forest mobile app is exploding with information on everything EF from contests and workshops to food, retail, GOOD LIFE updates and VIP information. Also, this year you can use the EF camera to snap photos to upload to social media as well as create your own schedule and set notifications so that you don’t miss your favorite acts and see what’s happening on Twitter and Instagram!
Hashtags for the weekend: #ospreypacks#ElectricForest #EF13
There’s so much to be seen and heard at the Fest, and we couldn’t be more excited to sponsor this incredible event. We’ll see you there!
Music, art, comedy and community are the elements that combine to make Solid Sound, a three-day festival celebrated at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in the small town of North Adams in The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. As proud sponsors of the event, we’re excited for this year’s festivities, set to kick off in just a couple of days!
Solid Sound was envisioned by musical geniuses Wilco, though the Fest features many other artists, including those listed in this year’s lineup. Other activities include exhibits at Mass MoCa, an offsite hike led by Patagonia and yours truly on Saturday, a scavenger hunt and bike raffle, art contest, outdoor installations, yoga and more. Check the Activities portion of the Solid Sound website to learn more about some of the other activities you won’t want to miss. For Osprey-specific events, keep reading.
Together with Osprey Athlete Timmy O’Neill (who’ll be at the Osprey booth all weekend signing free posters), we’ll be holding a Primary Expression Art Contest at the Osprey booth on the following days:
- Friday, June 21st from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 22nd from 3-5 p.m
- Sunday, June 23, 2 pm – 4 p.m.
The contest will allow participants to choose their form of expression (they’ll choose between drawing, writing or composing) and will have a time limit within which to create their masterpiece. We’ll post images of your painting or prose on Instagram and video on Facebook. Expressions with the most Likes each day will win an Osprey Festival Survival Pack!
Be sure to stop by the Hunter Theatre on Friday at 4:30 p.m. or Sunday at 3 p.m. to watch Osprey Athlete Alison Gannett‘s MoveShake Story, which will cover her personal story as the woman behind three non-profits who also runs a 75-acre farm in Colorado.
ARVE Error: no id set
The Mountain Games will be returning to Vail, Colorado this weekend from June 6th through June 9th, 2013, when professional and amateur athletes from around the world will come to Vail to participate in the nation’s largest celebration of adventure sports, art and music. The athletes will compete in nine sports events and 25 disciplines for more than $100,000 in prize money.
There will be sporting events ranging from various kayak competitions, rafting, mountain, road and slopestyle biking, world cup bouldering, fly fishing, stand-up paddling, slack lining, trail, mud and long distance running. If that isn’t enough to choose from, there will also be a big air competition for canines, as they compete for the longest measured distance into the pool.
While you’re there, don’t forget to check out Gear Town, where Osprey will be posted up with incredible 20 percent off sales in celebration of the Go Pro Mountain games! The packs will range from technical daypacks, to our revamped hydration line and stylish line of active everyday packs to fit your specific pack needs. If you can’t find what you’re looking for at the Gear Town location then head over to our retailer store, Ptarmigan Sports, located in Edwards to receive the same killer deal on our larger pack line.
Visit the Osprey booth at the Bouldering World Cup to check out all that is new for 2013, score some free daily giveaways and cheer on your favorite athlete with the Osprey crew! Speaking of giveaways, Osprey has teamed up with Ruffwear and will be doing a Day Pack for You and Your K-9 Companion! Come by either the Osprey or Ruffwear booth to enter.
On Saturday, Osprey will also have an in-booth poster signing session with Osprey athlete and Pro Mountain Biker Macky Franklin from 4-5 PM in the Gear Town booth location.
So whether you’re competing, spectating or dancing to the live music, be sure to stop by our booth to check out the various sales and giveaways going on all weekend!
MoveShake is a series of films that tells personal stories of movers and shakers creating positive change in the world around them. Follow MoveShake on Facebook to catch all of the updates on new installments and more.
In the latest MoveShake installment, Alexandria Bombach of Red Reel tells the story of Gregg Treinish, founder of Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation (ASC). ASC is an organiztion that works to change the way that people spend their time outside while creating “an army of citizen-scientists” who can gather the information necessary to prove to decision makers that the right management choices must be made.
Last week, the MoveShake crew went grizzly bear tracking in the Tabacco Roots in Montana. Turns out if solid evidence of grizzlies in the area is found, there could be stronger protection of this beautiful area. What’s more, this week ASC is taking inner-city kids from West Oakland middle school to the Desolation Wilderness for pika monitoring with their Osprey-donated packs! The photos here are just a sneak peak from the latest MoveShake installment, but the upcoming film will certainly be worth waiting for. In the meantime, check out more images from the grizzly tracking expedition here.
And don’t forget to check back here for the upcoming MoveShake film that tells the story of Gregg and ASC!
It may be the middle of June, but some of our favorite filmmakers have us thinking of deep turns and powder shots. If you didn’t make it to this year’s 5Point Film Fest or Mountainfilm, you may not have seen the inspiring and creative film with the whimsical title: Unicorn Sashimi. Whether you’re a powder hound or not, the magic produced from Felt Soul Media and Sweetgrass Productions is going to make you yearn for the white stuff…
Ever felt inspired to do something artsy with your bike? You could add a small plant to its frame, or knit your own well-designed saddle bag or even get this, attach it, and call it your own kind of creativity. But if you want a real piece of frame art, you’d have to go to the pros, a group of Slovenian artists who are far more creative than any of us could ever hope to be.
This video showcases what the Orto Bike Project crew is capable of when it comes to painting, gluing, crocheting, stenciling and drawing onto bikes to make them utterly unique; watch and prepare to be amazed.
Thanks to Wend for posting this vid!
Every Wednesday on Ditch Your Car we’ll be bringing you just another reason to spend more time on two wheels. Be it a photo, a statistic or an inspirational video, we want to keep reminding you about why riding is great!
Our favorite way to explore a city is by wandering… walking down side streets, exploring hidden shops and taking in the local architecture and art. So we were excited when we found this great slideshow over on Matador Network of Philadelphia’s murals…
Many of us are well versed in travel photography — it’s easy to snap a few shots wherever you go — bu for documenting your journeys there’s nothing quite like the travel journal. Maybe it’s because of the time it takes, maybe it’s because the physical act of sketching forces us to unplug, or maybe it’s just that travel journals look really cool. Whatever it is, we can’t get enough of travel sketches.