Ditch Your Car: Take the Winter B-Icicle Challenge
We all know it can be difficult to hop on your bike when the weather takes a turn. Rain, snow and icy roads can sometimes deter even the most hardcore riders amongst us. That’s why it’s good to have a few friends to hold you to it… enter the Winter B-icicle Challenge…
As winter settles in across all Northern Hemisphere nations, and the cold wind blows, it’s tempting to put your bike away for hibernation. But as of December 1, we’re asking you to keep on pedalling through all three winter months.
Why are we doing it?
- To see if we can put our money where our mouth is in regards to living a greener life, and not just when weather permits
- A good time to reflect about those people without homes during winter
- We love riding our bikes and don’t want to go three months without it
- We hate traffic jams!
Rules. We will ride to work or school everyday unless:
- The road is so icy we’ll most probably break our necks (read here for alternatives)
- We have a meeting or activity that is more than an hour bike ride away
- We’re so sick with the flu we can’t even be bothered to watch The Wire
What we want from you.
Join us! If you’re heading into the depths of winter.