Friday Round-Up: 5 Point Film Festival Kicks Off + Fruita Fat Tire Festival
5 Point Film Festival kicked off last night here in Carbondale and it’s hard not to feel the buzz of inspiration, adventure and pure life. Maybe it’s because our own Timmy O’Neill led us in a chant of healing for our friend Bean Bowers who is battling cancer right now, a yell of love for a recovering Renan Ozturk or maybe it was the moment of joyous shouting to celebrate those we have lost and we, who are LIVING, but we’re more excited and honored than ever to be in such a powerful and inspiring community.
It’s times like this and at community gatherings like the 5 Point Film Festival that it’s so crystal clear why we do what we do…
On the edge between desire and fear, between the known and unknown, is a place deep inside us all where the spirit is transformed — pushed beyond its limit by our deliberate commitment to usher in something new and original. In this soulful place we are catalyzed to learn, expand and engender newfound understanding to inspire others on their journeys. It is this spirit, this thirst for adventure that the 5Point Film Festival celebrates and shares with the community and filmmakers that gather for its annual Festival in Carbondale.
Here’s a quick glimpse into some of the amazing films we’ve seen so far…http://www.vimeo.com/22002896 http://www.vimeo.com/21331947 http://www.vimeo.com/14600175
We’ll be posting updates throughout the weekend, so stay tuned!
And for those who aren’t throwing down at 5 Point, we’re also strutting our stuff this weekend at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival. What’s in store? Plenty of good stuff:
- Viper, Verve and Raptor demo packs available for testing on Fruita’s famous singletrack trails
- Event special pricing offering 15% off all in stock Osprey Hydraulics packs at The Bike Shop in Grand Junction – if you don’t already have one, it’s time to get one!
- Daily raffles for schwag and Osprey packs (have to be present to win)
- Full display of Osprey Hydraulics and Commuter packs
- Tons of giveaway stuff at the Osprey booth — which means you have to stop by!
We’re also pretty excited about the Rippin Chix MTB skills camp with Osprey athlete Alison Gannett on Saturday April 30th.
We look forward to seeing you at the booth and on the trails!